Qualified and experienced facilitation
For Patricia mindfulness is much more than a recent trend.
Complimenting her professional work and training as Leadership Educator, Patricia is also one of few fully qualified Canadian instructors of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), (Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, UMass Medical School) with over 18 years of dedicated mindfulness training and practice.
Upcoming mindfulness courses
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
8 Monday evenings from 5:00-7:00pm March 25 – May 13, 2019
PLUS Full Day retreat Saturday May 4, 2019
Registration and more information via Royal Roads University (link below)
Mindfulness in Practice
Saturday and Sunday March 9 & 10, 2019
Two-days of guided mindfulness meditation practice. Beginners and experienced meditators encouraged. You do not need to be registered in the certificate program to participate.
Register via Royal Roads (link below)
Meditation as an Act of Love with Mark Sherman and Patricia Galaczy. May 30 – June 2, 2019 Bethlehem Retreat Centre on beautiful Westwood Lake in Nanaimo, B.C.
In the fullness of our lives it is easy to think, speak and act reactively based on old beliefs and conditioning from our past, often rooted in shame and unworthiness.
Meditation is an opportunity to re-awaken to the love that is always here — a love that we too easily forget in the midst of our suffering. As we learn to meet the challenges and blessings of life with a kind and wise attention, so we begin to cultivate a sense of freedom, peace and joy.
This three-day residential retreat is an opportunity to deepen your practice of meditation, in community, with clear and gentle guidance. The silent retreat format will involve guided sitting and walking meditation practices as well as mindful inquiry and gentle yoga/mindful movement.
Date: May 30 – June 2, 2019
Location: Bethlehem Retreat Centre on beautiful Westwood Lake in Nanaimo, B.C.
Information and Registration: Please visit BCALM at: https://www.bcalm.ca/what-we-offer/meditation-as-an-act-of-love/
Dr. Mark Sherman MD CM, CCFP is a family physician, mindfulness instructor and the Executive Director of the BC Association for Living Mindfully (BCALM). Mark is certified in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Hatha Yoga in the Sivananda school of yoga. Mark has facilitated courses, workshops and retreats on mindfulness and meditation for over 12 years and has a personal practice of yoga and meditation for 20 years. Mark is a proud husband and father of two children who are his greatest teachers.
Patricia Galaczy B.A., M.I.R. is a Leadership Educator and one of few Canadian instructors fully qualified to teach the MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) curriculum. Patricia’s extensive and on-going training in mindfulness meditation includes over 18 years of dedicated meditation practice and teaching, over 30 long silent retreats, an 18-month Mindfulness Teacher Training at Spirit Rock Meditation Centre, Certified Yoga Teacher since 2004, and formal MBSR training with Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Centre for Mindfulness UMASS Medical School.
Customized mindfulness training
With over 10 000 hours experience training people leaders in organizations, and advanced training in Mindfulness, Patricia works with individuals and organizations to make mindfulness at work accessible, practical, and impactful.
Cultivating a mindfulness practice can optimize personal and organizational health and performance by helping individuals:
- Focus the distracted and discursive mind
- Improve cognitive capacity, creativity, and resilience
- Generate space to respond rather than react to stressors
- Increase overall health, energy, and well-being
Customized, practical and participatory keynote workshops will explore the best practices, skills and tools necessary to create and support a mindfulness practice within the contemporary organizational context.
Insight and compassion for your mindfulness practice
The Art of Dialogue will customize a program to bring mindfulness into your organizational culture.
With a committed daily practice; personal experience sitting over 30 long, silent meditation retreats; and a successful history teaching mindfulness programs and retreats, Patricia brings insight and compassion from her own deep and direct emersion in mindfulness practice.
- To date, Patricia has successfully led 15 iterations of the full 8-week MBSR program
- Advanced Training for MBSR Teachers, The University of San Diego School of Medicine, Centre for Mindfulness (2013);
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Training with MBSR founder Jon Kabat-Zinn (2012-2016);
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor (2004);
- Art of Hosting Meaningful Conversations, Berkana Institute(2004);
- 18-Month Mindfulness and Yoga Teacher Training, Spirit Rock Meditation Center (2007-2009)
- Mindfulness: What is it? Why do it?
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness: Health & Science Research
- Benefits & Applications in the Organizational Context
- Guided Practice and Experiential Exercises, Tools, Techniques
- Participants will learn practical strategies and mindfulness techniques that they can easily incorporate into their professional and personal lives.
- Participants will take away at least one thing they can practice daily to improve their lives.