Qualified and experienced facilitation
For me mindfulness is much more than a recent trend.
Complimenting my professional work and training as Leadership Educator, I am also one of few fully qualified Canadian instructors of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), (Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, UMass Medical School) with over 20 years of dedicated mindfulness training and practice.
Returning from 3-months of dedicated silent mindfulness meditation (January-April 2021) with senior guiding teachers Kamala Masters and Steve Armstrong, I am inspired to integrate and share mindfulness practice insights and skills.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Mobilize your own inner resources for learning, growing and healing. In this intensive training, you will learn to access and cultivate your natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself to find greater balance, ease and peace of mind. Participants will benefit from the well-researched and intentionally structured eight-week MBSR curriculum, led by a fully certified facilitator of MBSR, trained and endorsed by the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Mindfulness in the Workplace
When we live and work from a place of overhwelm and reactivity, we make suboptimal decisions, negatively impact our relationships and our health, miss opportunities to innovate and strategize, and lose sight of the big picture. This two-day workshop takes an evidence-based approach to demonstrate and apply how cultivating a mindfulness practice can optimize personal and organizational health and performance
Mindful Communication & Listening
How are we to deal effectively with something as fundamental as the core methods through which we relate to the world? High quality communication requires awareness as the primary foundation. If communication is about creating understanding, mindful communication is about creating understanding through awareness. This two-day practical and experiential workshop will develop and apply the tools and skills for mindful communication and listening, and demonstrate strategies for integrating and sustaining in every day.
Mindfulness in Practice September 23-24, 2020
Mindfulness is much more than a recent trend; it is a way of being. The careful observation of thoughts, emotions, and sensations is part of a life-long journey to become more accepting, less judgmental, and kinder to oneself and others. Held mostly in silence, participants in this two-day core course will immerse themselves in the power and practice of being present through guided formal mindfulness meditation. No pre-requisite required.
Registration: Royal Roads University
Customized mindfulness training
With over 10 000 hours experience training people leaders in organizations, and advanced training in Mindfulness, Patricia works with individuals and organizations to make mindfulness at work accessible, practical, and impactful.
Cultivating a mindfulness practice can optimize personal and organizational health and performance by helping individuals:
- Focus the distracted and discursive mind
- Improve cognitive capacity, creativity, and resilience
- Generate space to respond rather than react to stressors
- Increase overall health, energy, and well-being
Customized, practical and participatory keynote workshops will explore the best practices, skills and tools necessary to create and support a mindfulness practice within the contemporary organizational context.
Insight and compassion for your mindfulness practice
The Art of Dialogue will customize a program to bring mindfulness into your organizational culture.
With a committed daily practice; personal experience sitting over 40 long, silent meditation retreats; and a successful history teaching mindfulness programs and retreats, Patricia brings insight and compassion from her own deep and direct emersion in mindfulness practice.
- To date, Patricia has successfully led 17 iterations of the full 8-week MBSR program
- One of few Canadian Instructors fully certified to instruct the original MBSR curriculum by the Center for Mindfulness, UMass Medical School.
- Advanced Training for MBSR Teachers, The University of San Diego School of Medicine, Centre for Mindfulness (2013);
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Training with MBSR founder Jon Kabat-Zinn (2012-2016);
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor (2004);
- Art of Hosting Meaningful Conversations, Berkana Institute(2004);
- 18-Month Mindfulness and Yoga Teacher Training, Spirit Rock Meditation Center (2007-2009)
- 3-Month Silent Mindfulness Meditation Retreat January-April 2021 with senior guiding teachers Kamala Masters and Steve Armstrong
- Mindfulness: What is it? Why do it?
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness: Health & Science Research
- Benefits & Applications in the Organizational Context
- Guided Practice and Experiential Exercises, Tools, Techniques
- Participants will learn practical strategies and mindfulness techniques that they can easily incorporate into their professional and personal lives.
- Participants will take away at least one thing they can practice daily to improve their lives.