Qualified and experienced facilitation
For Patricia mindfulness is much more than a recent trend.
Complimenting her professional work and training as Leadership Educator, Patricia is also an experienced and qualified mindfulness meditation and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Instructor, (Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, UMass Medical School) with over 18 years of dedicated mindfulness training and practice.
Upcoming mindfulness courses
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
March 26-May 14, 2018. Royal Roads University
Mindfulness in Practice
March 3 & 4, 2018. Royal Roads University
Sunday Afternoon Mindfulness Practice Series
Helga Beer Yoga Studio, Victoria B.C.: These two hour sessions offer guided mindfulness practice in community along with inquiry and dialogue. Open to both beginners and experienced practitioners.
- Feb 18th, 2018. 3:00-5:00pm
- March 25th, 2018. 3:00-5:00pm
- April 15th, 2018. 3:00-5:00pm
- May 13th, 2018.3:00-5:00pm
Please contact Patricia directly to register for the Sunday afternoon Mindfulness Series.
Cultivating the Mind, Attending the Heart: A Residential Mindfulness Meditation Retreat with Mark Sherman and Patricia Galaczy. May 18-20, 2018 Bethlehem Retreat Centre on beautiful Westwood Lake in Nanaimo, B.C.
As we learn to meet the challenges and blessings of our lives with a kind and wise attention so we begin to cultivate a sense of freedom, peace and joy. This two-day residential retreat is an opportunity to deepen your practice of meditation, in community, with clear and gentle guidance.
The retreat format will involve:
- Guided meditation practices
- Walking meditation
- Mindful Inquiry
- Mindful Movement
Date: May 18, 2018 4:00pm – May 20th 2018 @2:30pm
Location: Bethlehem Retreat Centre on beautiful Westwood Lake in Nanaimo, B.C.
Cost: $450/p for a single room
$395/p for shared room (with friend or partner)
*Tuition includes facilitation, accommodation and all meals for the two days of retreat
Registration: Please contact BCALM at:
Patricia Galaczy B.A., M.I.R. is a Leadership Educator and qualified and experienced instructor of mindfulness meditation and MBSR. Patricia’s extensive and on-going training in mindfulness meditation includes 18 years of dedicated meditation practice and teaching, over 30 long silent retreats, an 18-month Mindfulness Teacher Training at Spirit Rock Meditation Centre, Certified Yoga Teacher since 2004, and formal MBSR training with Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Centre for Mindfulness UMASS Medical School.
Dr. Mark Sherman MD CM, CCFP is a family physician, mindfulness instructor and the Executive Director of the BC Association for Living Mindfully (BCALM). Mark is certified in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Hatha Yoga in the Sivananda school of yoga. Mark has facilitated courses, workshops and retreats on mindfulness and meditation for over 12 years and has a personal practice of yoga and meditation for 20 years. Mark is a proud husband and father of two children who are his greatest teachers.
Customized mindfulness training
With over 10 000 hours experience training people leaders in organizations, and advanced training in Mindfulness, Patricia works with individuals and organizations to make mindfulness at work accessible, practical, and impactful.
Cultivating a mindfulness practice can optimize personal and organizational health and performance by helping individuals:
- Focus the distracted and discursive mind
- Improve cognitive capacity, creativity, and resilience
- Generate space to respond rather than react to stressors
- Increase overall health, energy, and well-being
Customized, practical and participatory keynote workshops will explore the best practices, skills and tools necessary to create and support a mindfulness practice within the contemporary organizational context.
Insight and compassion for your mindfulness practice
The Art of Dialogue will customize a program to bring mindfulness into your organizational culture.
With a committed daily practice; personal experience sitting over 30 long, silent meditation retreats; and a successful history teaching mindfulness programs and retreats, Patricia brings insight and compassion from her own deep and direct emersion in mindfulness practice.
- To date, Patricia has successfully led 13 iterations of the full 8-week MBSR program
- Advanced Training for MBSR Teachers, The University of San Diego School of Medicine, Centre for Mindfulness (2013);
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Training with MBSR founder Jon Kabat-Zinn (2012-2016);
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor (2004);
- Art of Hosting Meaningful Conversations, Berkana Institute(2004);
- 18-Month Mindfulness and Yoga Teacher Training, Spirit Rock Meditation Center (2007-2009)
- Mindfulness: What is it? Why do it?
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness: Health & Science Research
- Benefits & Applications in the Organizational Context
- Guided Practice and Experiential Exercises, Tools, Techniques
- Participants will learn practical strategies and mindfulness techniques that they can easily incorporate into their professional and personal lives.
- Participants will take away at least one thing they can practice daily to improve their lives.