Immersion learning has been proven to be the most beneficial way to start off learning this new skill and assists with deepening your practice.
Become a better leader by making yourself a priority. Join us for upcoming courses and have your own direct experience of the benefits, and the sense of well-being and peace that mindfulness brings!
This course is over. Thanks everyone.
Qualified and Experienced Facilitation
For Patricia mindfulness is much more than a recent trend.
Complimenting her professional work and training as Leadership Educator, Patricia is also an experienced and qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Instructor, (Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society, UMass Medical School) with over 17 years of dedicated mindfulness training and practice.
With a committed daily practice; personal experience sitting over 30 long, silent meditation retreats; and a successful history teaching mindfulness programs and retreats, Patricia brings insight and compassion from her own deep and direct emersion in mindfulness practice.
- To date, Patricia has successfully led 11 iterations of the full 8-week MBSR program
- Advanced Training for MBSR Teachers, The University of San Diego School of Medicine, Centre for Mindfulness (2013);
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Training with MBSR founder Jon Kabat-Zinn (2012-2016);
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor (2004);
- Art of Hosting Meaningful Conversations, Berkana Institute(2004);
- 18-Month Mindfulness and Yoga Teacher Training, Spirit Rock Meditation Center (2007-2009)
Upcoming Mindfulness Courses
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-week Program
Wednesday evenings 5:00-7:00pm October 11 – December 6, 2017
Full Day retreat: Saturday November 26, 2017
Location : Helga Beer Yoga Studio 202-1600 Bay Street, Victoria BC
For more information and to register, contact Patricia
Other upcoming Mindfulness Courses with Patricia 2017-2018
Please contact Patricia directly to customize a program to bring mindfulness into your organizational culture.
customized mindfulness training
With over 10 000 hours experience training people leaders in organizations, and advanced training in Mindfulness, Patricia works with individuals and organizations to make mindfulness at work accessible, practical, and impactful.
Organizations interested in employee health and performance, will benefit from the increased clarity, creativity, calm, compassion, and cognitive capacity that can develop with mindfulness training.
Cultivating a mindfulness practice can optimize personal and organizational health and performance by helping individuals:
- Focus the distracted and discursive mind
- Improve cognitive capacity, creativity, and resilience
- Generate space to respond rather than react to stressors
- Increase overall health, energy, and well-being
Customized, practical and participatory keynote workshops will explore the best practices, skills and tools necessary to create and support a mindfulness practice within the contemporary organizational context.
- Mindfulness: What is it? Why do it?
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness: Health & Science Research
- Benefits & Applications in the Organizational Context
- Guided Practice and Experiential Exercises, Tools, Techniques
- Participants will learn practical strategies and mindfulness techniques that they can easily incorporate into their professional and personal lives.
- Participants will take away at least one thing they can practice daily to improve their lives.